Kawajiri Group Home
Hector Rubiera, Pranav Vengsarkar, Jungmin Oh, Shan Tie, Daniel Griffin, Anshuman Sinha, Trisha Sen, Dr. Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Siwei Guo, Jayashree Kalyanaraman
- Kawajiri group welcomes a new postdoc, Krishna Jayachandrababu.
- Ph.D. Defense: Jayashree Kalyanaraman. Congratulations!
- Youngjo Kim successfully passed Ph.D. Qualifying Exam. Congratulations!
- Ph.D. Defense: Jungmin Oh. Congratulations!
- Daniel Griffin received AIChE Separations Division Graduate Student Research Award. Congratulations!
- Kawajiri group welcomes two new PhD students, Youngjo Kim and Matt McDonald, and postdoc Wun-Gwi Kim.
- Talks: AIChE Meeting in San Francisco, H. Rubiera, D. Griffin, A. Sinha, T. Sen, Y. Kawajiri
- Ph.D. Defense: Daniel Griffin. Congratulations!
- Talk and Poster: Fundamentals of Adsorption in Friedrichshafen, Germany, J. Oh and S. Tie
- Talk and Poster: PREP 2016 in Philadelphia, P. Vengsarkar and S. Guo
- Dr. Kawajiri appointed as director of Specialty Separations Center
- Invited Talk: Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Y. Kawajiri
- Kawajiri group welcomes new postdoc, Hector Rubiera.
- Successful qualifying exam by Trisha Sen
- Kawajiri group welcomes new group members, Trisha Sen (PhD student) and Pranav Vengsarkar (Postdoc)
- Talks: AIChE Meeting in Salt Lake City, S. Tie, J. Oh, D. Griffin, A. Sinha
- Invited Talk: Dow Chemical, Y. Kawajiri
- Invited Talk: Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Y. Kawajiri
- Talk and poster: PREP 2015 in Philadelphia, S Tie, B. Sreedhar, H. Li, Y. Kawajiri
- Invited Talks: YMC Co. LTD in Kyoto, Japan, and Kansai Universiy in Japan, Y. Kawajiri
- Ph.D. Defense. Huayu Li. Currently working at AbbVie in North Chicago, IL.
- Dr. Kawajiri has been approved for promotion to Associate Professor and tenure from Fall 2015.
- Shan Tie and Jungmin Oh received poster awards at Graduate Student Symposium.
- Dr. Pakkapol Kanchanalai successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Kanchanalai!
- Anshuman Sinha and Shan Tie received the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award.
- Invited talk: SPICA 2014, Basel, J. Bentley, B. Sreedhar, G. Agrawal, Y. Kawajiri
- Invited talk: Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, Y. Kawajiri
- Kawajiri Group welcomes new Ph.D. Student, Tristan Kernick
- Talks, AIChE Meeting in Atlanta: J. Kalyanaraman, J. Oh, S. Tie, B. Sreedhar, G. Agrawal, C. Yuan, D. Griffin, H. Li
- Ph.D. Defense. G. Agrawal, Congratulations!
- Invited seminar: Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan, Y. Kawajiri
- Talk: Joint Congress of ACTS-2014 and CGOM11, Nara, Japan; Li, Kawajiri, Grover, Rousseau
- Talks and poster: PREP in Boston, MA: B. Sreedhar, G. Agrawal, Y.Kawajiri
- Successsful PhD qaualifying exams by Shan Tie, Anshuman Sinha and Siwei Guo
- Talk: 38th Actinide Separations Conference: B. Sreedhar
- Kawajiri group welcomes PostDoc Cansheng Yuan and PhD students Shan Tie, Anshuman Sinha and Siwei Guo
- Successful PhD proposal by Jayashree Kalyanaraman
- Talk: Department seminar at the University of Virginia: http://www.che.virginia.edu/events/, Y. Kawajiri
- J. Bentley and Y. Kawajiri received Model-Based Innovation Prize 2013 Runners-up Award from Process Systems Enterprise Ltd. http://www.psenterprise.com/academic/mbi_prize/2013/results.html
- Poster: PREP 2013, G. Agrawal, B. Sreedhar and Y. Kawajiri
- Talk: FOA2013, G. Agrawal, B.Sreedhar and Y. Kawajiri
- Ph.D. Defense. Jason Bentley. Congratulations!
- Successful PhD proposals by Dan Griffin and Jungmin Oh
- Outstanding Ph.D proposal award (2013), ChBE, Georgia Tech: Gaurav Agrawal
- Best oral presentation award (third place), Graduate Research Symposium 2013, ChBE, Georgia Tech: Gaurav Agrawal
- Successfull completion of PhD by Jason Bentley
- Kawajiri group welcomes Dr. Baochun Shen, visiting faculty, Kunming Medical University
- Talk: AIChE Annual Meeting 2012, Pittsburgh, PA, J. Bentley and Y. Kawajiri
- Talk: AIChE Annual Meeting 2012, Pittsburgh, PA, H. Li and Y. Kawajiri
- Talk: SPICA 2012, Brussels, Belgium, Y. Kawajiri and J. Bentley
- Kawajiri group welcomes PostDoc Dr. Subramanian Swernath
- Best poster award (second place) at PREP 2012, Cambridge, MA: B. Sreedhar, D. T. Hobbs and Y. Kawajiri
- Poster: PREP 2012, G. Agrawal and Y. Kawajiri
- Poster: PREP 2012, B. Sreedhar, D. T. Hobbs and Y. Kawajiri
- Talk: PREP 2012, B. Sreedhar and Y. Kawajiri
- Dr. Kawajiri received the W. David Smith Jr. Graduation Publication Award
- Talk: Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Japan, Dr. Kawajiri
- Talk: PBAST-6 Pacific Basin Adsorption Conference, Taiwan, Dr. Kawajiri
- Kawajiri group welcomes Ph.D. students Jungmin Oh and Dan Griffin